Today is Day 6 of our 14 Days of Cookies blog series! Today we are featuring these beautiful Lime Roll Out Cookies. On April 1st ABW Appliances will be hosting our 4th annual Kelly’s Cookie Challenge, a cookie baking competition with the goal of raising money for charity. Tickets are only $20 per person. Get yours today!
This year we are thrilled to be partnering with the King Arthur Flour company. Starting this year the OFFICAL flour of Kelly’s Cookie Challenge! All of the recipes featured in this blog series is provided courtesy of King Arthur Flour. Enjoy!
For more incredible recipes please visit the recipe section of the King Arthur Flour website. You can buy their fantastic book, The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, along with many other books, baking supplies, and kitchen tools at their online store. Check them out!
Lime Rollout Cookies
- 1cupunsalted buttersoftened
- 2cupsconfectioners' sugar or glazing sugar
- 1/2teaspoonlime oil or 1 tablespoon lime zestgrated rind
- 2large eggs
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 3cupsKing Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4cupHi-maize Fiber
- 2 1/4cupsconfectioners' sugar or glazing sugar
- 2tablespoonslight corn syrup
- 1tablespoonmelted butter
- 2to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4to 1/2 teaspoon lime oilto taste
- 3to 4 drops green food coloring
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lime oil or zest, and salt, beating until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl between additions.
- Whisk together the baking powder, flour, and Hi-maize, sifting the mixture if it?s lumpy.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in two additions, blending well after each addition.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic, flatten into disks, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and preheat your oven to 350°F. If the dough has been refrigerated overnight, let it rest for 10 minutes or so, till pliable.
- Roll the dough 1/8" thick on a lightly floured work surface.
- Cut into desired shapes and transfer to ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies until they're slightly brown on the edges and feel firm, about 6 to 10 minutes depending on the cutter used and thickness of the cookies.
- Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for several minutes, or until set. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Glaze cookies when cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk the sugar with the corn syrup, melted butter, and water. Gently stir in the lime oil and food coloring. Spread on cookies.