Welcome to the fourth of our 14 Days of Cookies blog series! On April 1st ABW Appliances will be hosting our 4th annual Kelly’s Cookie Challenge, a cookie baking competition with the goal of raising money for charity. Tickets are only $20 per person. Get yours today!
This year we are thrilled to be partnering with the King Arthur Flour company. Starting this year the OFFICAL flour of Kelly’s Cookie Challenge! All of the recipes featured in this blog series is provided courtesy of King Arthur Flour. Enjoy!
For more incredible recipes please visit the recipe section of the King Arthur Flour website. You can buy their fantastic book, The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, along with many other books, baking supplies, and kitchen tools at their online store. Check them out!
- 1cupunsalted butter
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1tablespoongrated lemon rind or 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1large egg
- 2 3/4cupsKing Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2cupraspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon rind or oil, vanilla, and salt until very light.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour, stirring until well blended.
- Use a teaspoon cookie scoop (about 2 measuring teaspoons) or tablespoon cookie scoop (about 4 measuring teaspoons) of dough for each cookie. Scoop cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2” between them.
- Use your fingertip (for smaller cookies) or thumb (for larger cookies) to put an indentation into the center of each.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove them from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes to firm up, then move them to a rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cookies are cool, fill the indentation with raspberry jam, using about 1/4 teaspoon for each teaspoon-scoop cookie, or 1/2 teaspoon for each tablespoon-scoop cookie.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen to 5 dozen cookies, depending on size.