Welcome to the third of our 14 Days of Cookies blog series! On April 1st ABW Appliances will be hosting our 4th annual Kelly’s Cookie Challenge, a cookie baking competition with the goal of raising money for charity. It’s going to be an awesome time. Get your tickets here.
This year we are thrilled to be partnering with the King Arthur Flour company. Starting this year the OFFICAL flour of Kelly’s Cookie Challenge! All of the recipes featured in this blog series is provided courtesy of King Arthur Flour. Enjoy!
For more incredible recipes please visit the recipe section of the King Arthur Flour website. You can buy their fantastic book, The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, along with many other books, baking supplies, and kitchen tools at their online store. Check them out!
- 1/2cupbutter8 tablespoons, at room temperature*
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1 1/3cupsKing Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- *If you use unsalted butterincrease the salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
- 1to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamonto taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, beating until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour, mixing until totally incorporated.
- To make the coating: Shake together the sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized zip-top plastic bag.
- Drop 1" balls of dough into the bag; a teaspoon cookie scoop works well here. Roll/toss the cookies in the cinnamon-sugar until they're completely coated.
- Space the cookies at least 1 1/2" apart on the prepared baking sheets. Use a flat-bottom glass to flatten them to about 3/8" thick; they'll be about 1 1/2" in diameter.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes (for soft cookies) to 10 minutes (for crunchier cookies). Remove them from the oven, and cool them on the pan until they're firm enough to transfer to a rack to cool completely.